Monday, July 30, 2012

Blog Entry 14- Quote Response

"'I want to be a doctor' -M
'That's fine my love.  That's fine.' -P
I felt guilty towards God.
'You want to be a doctor? I thought that...' -G
'No, no I will be a prophet but they mustn't know'" (Satrapi 9)

(M- inidcates Marjane speaking, P- her parents speaking, G- God speaking)

Marjane seems like she is a very outgoing and intelligent young girl.  These couple of frames stood out to me because she believes so strongly that she is the next prophet, but lies to her parents when they asked because of how she was ridiculed by the other children in her class.  Although this is a stretch, it makes me think of when kids hide who they really are or what their true passions or beliefs are because of fear of backlash they may in turn receive from their peers.  It is sad, but I do not believe this will ever change.  Just because there will always be someone out there that would like to bring others down, simply because they do not understand or do not care to.

No comments:

Post a Comment