Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blog Entry 12- Poem Paraphrase

I chose First Poem for Your, by Kim Addonizio.  The poem itself was a little racy, but I still thought it was a very romantic poem.  I am not sure there is much paraphrasing that need to be done, but I will try my best.

I love to touch your tattoos in the darkness of our room.  I can't see them, but I know exactly where they are.  I touch the lines of lightning near your nipples and find the serpent and dragon, and swirls of water on your shoulders.  After we are intimate, I love to kiss the art on your skin.  Your tattoos will remain until you pass away and are nothing more than ashes; or if we remain a couple or end our relationship, they will remain.  So permanent, it is almost scary.  But in the darkness I touch them anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment