Saturday, July 7, 2012

Freestyle Blog Week 2

As I was going through everyone's different freestyle posts, I've noticed a lot of people have been discussing the ways in which reading has changed sinced kindles, smart phones and iPads have been introduced.  I don't know where I would be without my iPad. 

On previous deployments a good chunk of the space in my seabag went to books I brought with me to read and help pass the time.  Even since I got my iPad, I can just load it up with a couple books and then when I finish I have my laptop with me so I am able to take off the books I have read and then upload new ones onto the iPad.  It saves me so much space .  I also like the fact that I never lose my page because my bookmark fell out of the book.  It's also really nice having a built in reading light.  It made it easier to read in dark spaces or in my rack when everyone else was asleep, without having to get up and go to the galley. 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agreeWhen I don't have the room to take my physical copies of books, it's nice to be able to take my digital copies on my Kindle. Fits neatly in my bag and I'm not without books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that reading on mobile devises is a lot more convenient and easier. A lot of people are having trouble adjusting to technology but I feel that everyone will eventually get used to it. The more people use these reading mobile devises the more they will get used to them.

    ReplyDelete