Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blog Entry 22: Freestyle

This week for my freestyle blog, it will be just that, freestyle.  Other than the assigned reading for school I did not do much reading outside of that.  My family from England came to visit my wife and I here on the island, so once we were done with work, we spent most of our time playing tourist. 

It was a lot of fun and very special to me that I got to see them, I had not seen them in 12 years, and I got to meet my 9 year old cousin for the first time.  They were all just so excited and amazed by the beaches out here and it was a lot of fun to see them all have such a great time.  I don't know if any of you have ever been to London, or watched the Olympics.  But if you did you would have seen just how brown and kind of scary the water is there.  So for them, clear blue warm water and NO cold rainy weather was a definite treat for them. 

It was also really nice for them to meet my wife, other than my immediate family in California, it was the first time she got to meet some of my family from overseas!

I can't believe we are starting week 9! This quarter definitely flew by!  Good luck to everyone in our last couple of weeks and assignments.  I look forward to the Blog Party!

2 comments:

  1. This summer term did fly by. Pretty exciting how you got to meet your family and your 9 year old cousin who you got to meet for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ramon. And Yes, this quarter flew by for sure!

    ReplyDelete